Book/Laminated Guide Proposal Guidelines for Prospective Authors
Thank you for considering National Professional Resources as a potential publisher. We appreciate the opportunity to review your proposal and will make every effort to provide you with feedback within 30 to 60 days. Acceptance of your proposal is based on originality, usefulness, and relevance of the content, as well as its compatibility with the direction and goals of our publishing program.
- A suggested title for the book or laminated reference guide*
- A proposed table of contents and outline with brief description of each chapter / section.
- Biographical information about the author(s), emphasizing the nature of your work experience with educators and students.
- A one-page (300 word) statement defining the need for your work, its distinctive contribution to the field of education and the practical, "hands-on" nature of the content.
- The need for the work: What conditions, problems, or opportunities have created the need for this work?
- Purpose: How will your work answer this need?
- Benefits: How will educators benefit from your work? Try to be as specific as possible in how readers will be more effective/efficient in their classroom performance.
- Audience: What group or groups of people will benefit from your work? (e.g., general education teachers, special education teachers, reading specialists). What grade levels do you address?
- Competition & Distinctiveness: Which resources have been published recently on the subject? How does your work differ from or exceed the competition?
- Author qualifications: How does your professional and/or academic background contribute to the authoritativeness of the content that you plan to share with readers?
- The selling "hook." Can you condense the above into a simple statement that captures the reader's attention and prompts a call to action? For example, "The first practical guide to integrate and measure response to intervention in the elementary grades and how it affects performance in middle school."
- Response to Intervention
- Differentiated Instruction
- Early Childhood
- Executive Functioning
- Data Collection
- Implementing National Standards
Please e-mail any questions to: email@example.com
National Professional Resources, Inc.
25 South Regent St.,
Port Chester, NY 10573
1-800-453-7461 (US & Canada), 914-937-8879 (other areas)
Copyrightę 2010 National Professional Resources, Inc.